I found this recipe on Pinterest and we love it! It's not only good in the cool weather, but also light for the warmer weather.
Ingredients8 oz thinly sliced roast beef
8 slices provolone cheese
2 large green bell peppers
1 6.5 oz can mushrooms and stems (or chopped fresh mushrooms)
2 tbs butter
2 tbs olive oil
1-3 cloves minced garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds.
- Saute onions and mushrooms over medium heat with butter, olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper. Saute until caramelized, 25 - 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion mushroom mixture. Allow to cook 5-10 minutes.
- Load the inside of each pepper with a slice of cheese.
- Fill each pepper with 1/4 of the meat mixture.
- Top each pepper with another slice of cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown.
- Serve hot.